Today, Sony ends the hottest speculations about a new mirrorless system camera. The fourth generation of the highest resolution model series within the Alpha 7 universe and is the first full-frame camera (with a sensor size of approx. 36 x 24 mm) to feature a sensor with a resolution of 61 megapixels (26.2 MP for crop on APS-C). Here the unveil of Sony:
Sony presents the a7R IV this Tuesday in New York. Here is the summary:
Sony A7RIV | PHOTOSPECIFICATIONS:
- 61.0 MP – World’s first 35mm full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor with latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor
- 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivities, the range from deep shadows to highlights
- Up to 10 fps in RAW High-speed continuous shooting at up with full AF / AE tracking for
- 567 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering 74% of image area and 425 contrast AF points
- APS-C crop mode delivering stunning high resolution images of 26.2MP(2)
- 5.76 million dot UXGA (Ultra-XGA) OLED Tru-Finder™ electronic viewfinder with outstanding detail, brightness and contrast
- Upgraded connectivity and operability including high-speed Wi-Fi support, wireless PC remote connectivity(8), FTP wireless transfer, faster data transfer via USB and more
Sony A7RIV | VIDEOSPECIFICATIONS:
- Debut of Real-time Eye AF for movie recording and advanced Real-time Tracking plus Real-time Eye AF for still image recording
- Multi Interface Shoe™ with digital audio interface delivers the high-quality sound recording with Sony’s new microphone and XLR microphone adaptor
- Professional 4K movie recording functionality including full pixel readout with no pixel binning in Super 35mm mode(9), S-Log3, HDR workflow support.
Sony A7RIV | Price & Release Date:
You can purchase the new Sony a7R IV in September for a price tag of around $3,498 USD in Europe around +- 4000€.
For more: Official product page Sony A7RIV here
What do you think? Is update from the A7RIII worth it? Let’s talk about it!